We decided to go around to all of the local ARC's and Goodwill's (there are A LOT around here). Bobbi was looking for specific shaped frames. I love randomness, so I was looking for whatever caught my eye. It didn't matter what size, color, or condition - in fact some of my frames used to be mirrors, and one was even a clock. We took out all the glass (or whatever was in the frame), disposed of it if it was gross or reused it if we could, and cleaned the frames up. Then, we enlisted the help of Bobbi's husband, Jason, to help us make some "repairs". Again, we were not picky with the frames we bought.
We laid out how we wanted them to look on our walls and took a picture.
This is a picture of what mine looked like originally.
Then, we took them to the garage and spray painted them so they all were one color. This is where you could get creative. I have a ton of color going on in my living room already, so I used black, but get creative! Add some color to a room with this project if you need it.