I posted earlier about the first schoolhouse tunic I made using Sew Liberated's pattern. Due to the higher cost of this pattern I wanted to make sure I used it several times. I had decided to try to make it as a dress for a variation. I really wanted to make myself a top out of this Amy Butler fabric I had been holding on to. I had to piece together this one because I didn't have enough fabric and the end result...a way too small dress. So, lucky for Betsy...she is a lot smaller than me and it fit her. Since I happened to be at her house while making it, I just tossed it over to her and tried to move on...which was hard, I loved that fabric! Here is a pic of the finished dress. The two alterations I made were leaving it sleeveless (adding bias tape facing instead) and cutting it longer to make a dress.
Oh well, on to take 3. This time I used a lovely fabric I found at the thrift store. It was actually two curtain panels but I loved it and for $8.00 I was able to make a dress and a tunic out of all this fabric, with some left over! I would say it was a good deal. Again I added several inches to the bottom of the pattern, just continuing the slight a-line, to create a dress length. Overall, I like the finished dress but I think I will stick to the tunic length or shorter for future projects using the Schoolhouse Tunic pattern.